Wednesday, July 07, 2010

You're getting warmer

That was a true statement yesterday afternoon. I ran out to Hobby Lobby because they had scissors on sale (not good ones like I wanted) and I needed the spray temporary "glue" I needed. I was completely out and the stick glue wasn't working in the applications I needed it to work.

I had been upstairs and the unit was working just fine - teeth chattering fine. I reset the thermostat, and did a little work. After a while, I decided it was time to run to the store. In addition to the scissors, I wanted wrapping paper for Monkey Boy's birthday presents since his birthday was yesterday. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to wrap. I also wanted tissue paper because I got a wild, hair brained, messy idea for some hair thingies.

I thought nothing of the upstairs until Daughter and I went up to check things for Round Up this weekend. It was hot, hot, hot. The a/c wasn't running - again. In fact, from feeling the grill of the vent, I could swear the heater had been running again.

I came down to get the phone with their number still stored in the caller ID. She said she would send a technician right away. The remarkable thing is that she did. That's why I may pay more, but I get service from them! So all's cool here in the house.

Peace be with you.

3 comments:

flying eagle woman said...

ahhhh!!! SPRAY GLUE????? I must try it!!!! glad you're cool again!

LOL pun intended!
Shawna

Jenn Jilks said...

Good for you. I just went for a swim.

Marti said...

I wish my a/c repair guy was that fast. Our a/c went out Monday afternoon and the guy didn't show up until 5pm Tuesday. And oh goodie, we get to buy a whole new unit.