Thursday, July 29, 2010

And whre am I today?

Same place, doing about the same thing. I am reinstalling software.

As Jude pointed out, I didn't really do anything but form of restore. I have done this before - on the Dell desktop. On this laptop, it just works differently. When I tried to bring things back, it didn't work. At any rate, even if it had worked, the items in my bookmarks would b gone.

So, I have collected all the CD's that come with the programs. I had a real scare when I thought I had lost the CD for my air card! I have another year on that sucker's contract. It would be terrible to not be able to use it. I imagine that I could download the drivers from ATT, but then maybe not.

I discovered that I could download the drivers for the bigger printer. I have absolutely no idea where that CD went. When G brought home the huge laser printer (yuck - not even set up yet and weighs a ton), he said we could download the drivers. He was right!

In better news that made my day, the truck is ready. I really hope the estimate was low, but you know how that goes. It will probably be double because of hidden problems. For something that looked like there was no damage where the impact occurred ...

Well, since it takes a partial lifetime for these programs to load, I best get to it.

Peace be with you.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Sounds like you're having a fun day--NOT! Been there and done that and it isn't any fun at all, but...eventually, everything will be re=installed and all will be well with the world once again. We hope!