Friday, June 11, 2010

been a while!

I'm still around, and getting better everyday. My knee is stronger with less pain. Its easier to get up from, well, only the bed. That isn't good. Every single stick of furniture in my den is just a scootch too low. But then this is something I hate to face, but it is getting more and more evident. I think I am having a problem with knee number 1. When I see the doctor in about two more weeks, I am going to tell him about it. Sometimes, it pops and sounds like something is loose in there. You can hear it, and I certainly feel it.

But on to different things. Daughter and I now have en elephant in the room. The elephant is last weekend when I didn't hear from her. I really think she thinks she is right, but in her heart knows she isn't. So we just go on and haven't mentioned it. I have asked her nothing about it when I know there is a lot to tell: step-daughter's high school graduation, her MIL in the hospital, the general drama that goes on in that house. Oh well.

I have found a way to shut up phone solicitors. When they are cheery and bright asking how I am, I just say not so good. They are at first confused because this isn't on their script. Then they stammer and apologize. Too funny.

I have an at home PT therapist. She is so bright and bubbly on the phone that I, at first, thought this would be a bad thing. She also has a very thick accent. With my brain on drugs, it doesn't translate well. So I had this preconceived idea before she came. I was expecting the worse. Actually the sessions have been good. She is very aware of my back problems, and works around that. So far, it is good. The bug in this is that she can come until I am able to drive, then it is over. That is both bad and good. She can be discontinued, and I can go back to the therapist at the pain office. Either way I win.

I just completed the cutting out of the neck coolers we are going to have for the July craft show. Next is the sewing and putting the water holding gel into them. Daughter has volunteered. We'll see. I have my small machine downstairs since all I have to do is straight seam sewing. I am itching to get upstairs though to work on the towels and other things.

Hope your weekend is great. I hope you either wear yourself having fun or get the rest and relaxation you need!

Peace be with you.

4 comments:

Judy said...

My youngest daughter and I know that elephant well--or at least I do--she acts like everything is perfectly normal. I just hope you get better and can walk with no pain--that is the goal I am after too.

Marti said...

I hope knee #1 is just feeling stress of taking it easy on knee #2 and will be better soon. How long did you have to wear the compression hose after each surgery? Wish I could help with that elephant. I guess we all have them. I've got one with mom and one with each of my girls. I guess we've finally just accepted the elephant.

Anonymous said...

hey....my left total knee pops and makes strange sounds....and hurts a little...reckon it's supposed to do that ??? when were you diagnosed re breast cancer ???

Grandma K said...

I was diagnosed in December 2005. Wow, that makes me think - this year I will have made the 5 years!!

Funny, my left knee - total replacement - also pops and makes noises. I am going to tell him about it - in July. I have my first craft show of the year in July!

Take care of that knee!! I don't think yours or mine are right.