Monday, May 24, 2010

What's the deal?

I'm getting ready for the trip to have my right knee replaced. OK, so it's another surgery. No big deal really. But it is. I am beginning to have some anticipatory nerves. As the time grows closer, the knee hurts more assuring I am doing the right thing. But knowing what a major surgery this is still makes me worry. The last one was five hours - this being from the time I left the prep-room to back to recovery.

But, enough about that. No one wants to hear all that stuff. I also get really obsessive about getting things done around the house. The closer the time to admittance, the more obsessive I am about setting things straight around here. I guess the change in my thinking is "of, I've always got tomorrow" when life is normal, to "I've got to do _______, and _______, and ... Just fill in the blanks. I guess I want things to be perfect if something happens to me. Don't know.

Anyway, to make a long story into the real subject, we spent
Saturday transplanting everything we could think of (well it seemed that way). Son, DIL, and Wiggle Worm gave me a Satsuma orange tree for Mothers Day. They included a pot, and the offer to help transplant it. Well, we knew we could do it. That was about project 1. When I looked at it in detail yesterday, it has a fruit on it! I was amazed. It is after blooming time for the tree, so I thought I would have to wait a year.

Then we re-potted a whole bunch of things. I am so proud of it all. I will have pictures tomorrow - I hope. The only thing I am worried about is the wheel barrow G wanted to plant in an aesthetically pleasing piece of yard art. He bought plants that would like morning sun. I thought he wanted it planted on the other side of the tree. They get afternoon sun. Plus, instead of FLATS of said plants, he bought six packs of them. They look very anemic. He did say he would see about different plants. But that won't be for a while.

So today I will turn my energies more on the errands I need to run. I really want a long gown or lounger to replace hospital gowns that cover very little. I want to get out of those ASAP! I bought some gowns the last time, but they are short - too short. There are several items I need to get. I don't know how many I will actually get.

I may have my shopping curtailed because I think I am to have Monkey Boy this afternoon. He will be with a friend this morning, and I think I am supposed to get him later. I don't know. Daughter hasn't told me of the real plans yet. She is assuming I know. I don't like this feeling. I like to have things all set firmly out. The how, who, where and when all set out. It's not like that right now.

Anyway, I'm off to get some things done before I get her phone call with the plans that will take effect ten minutes after the call!!

Peace be with you.

2 comments:

Judy said...

You would think that knowing what to expect from the surgery would make it less scary, but I can't blame you for the apprehension. I haven't even made my appointment at the ortho doc and already I am having nightmares about the surgery.

I like to have the whole house in order before I go on a trip (or surgery)--like you, I want everything in its place in case I don't come back and my daughter's have to come in and find the "funeral stuff", LOL. Obsessive is my middle name.

Anonymous said...

We seem to have a lot in common...I am also a g-mother with 6 g-children.Am a 15 year breast cancer survivor.....and had a total left knee replacement several years back..As you are having # 2 replaced.....you know as much as I re the surgery and rehab...Have 3 children...2 sons who are Drs...one Primary Care...the other Dermatology....and a physical therapy daughter who lives in Maryland and I am in Virginia....You mentioned where you had lumbar injections...I have a bulging L-5.....with a bone spur and a little stenosis. Gee-whizzzz....what happens when you hit 65 and above. I pray that your surgery went well...Peace and Blessings...