Tuesday, May 25, 2010

S Time

Tomorrow at this time, I will be coming to in my room at the hospital - at least that's what I'm hoping for! To say that I'm nervous is understated. The nerve this time aren't for the recovery. I am going o think this one will be just as good as the other. So without the worry about recovery, I can focus on the fact this is a major surgery.

I can, like I said, only hope for the recovery I had last time. I just hope I'm not held prisoner for five days this time. I know the doctor doesn't work weekends. I learned that last time. He didn't show until Monday morning. DIL pointed out that this Monday is a holiday. Geesh! Good, I'm finding lots to worry about. Can't have any calm thoughts around here!!

I am going to try to be sure G brings the computer Thursday. I had it last time, and I know I will feel like using it. I know they say don't bring anything valuable, but... I think it will be OK. It was last time.

Anyway. This is it for a while. I am going to be glad in that the right knee has really been screaming the last few days. It will be a relief to be rid of it. I am concerned with the left however. There are some pains with it. I guess when I start re-habing the right I will work on the left again.

Peace be with you.

8 comments:

Judy said...

I will say a prayer tonight when I got to bed and first thing in the morning. You are going to be just fine--I know it. See ya later--Jude

Marti said...

I just know you are going to do great and I am praying for you too. You'll have to change your name to Bionic Grandma.

Anonymous said...

I'm sending you speedy recovery and get out of the hospital, quick, wishes!

Kathy said...

I'm sending you speedy recovery and get out of the hospital, quick, wishes!

Cheyenne said...

My husband has his left knee done twice...and it still doesn't feel right. I tell him it's all in his head and he says no it's in my knee.
Here's to a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

we have a lot in common !! I am a 15 year breast cancer survivor....and...had a total left knee replacement a few years ago ....Osteoarthritis...knee replacement post-op is pretty painful that first night ....keep taking pain meds as bone pain is a different scenario. Rehab is the name of the game ....took like 6 - 7 weeks at an out-patient facility..Have 2 sons who are Dr.s....and a PT daughter who lives in Md. and I am in Virginia !!! You will get much relief if you are in " yucky " pain before the surgery .. going to the PT for an e-val 5 days post-op was no picnic....Ice pack a must...take a pain pill before PT appt. and first few therapy sessions. I did not do this with the e-val and it really did hurt. am being perfectly honest ....every now and then , the " nu-nee " does ache a tad....but....it doesn't wake me up at night like it used to...hang in there...I will stay in touch ...Cathy in Virginia...

Susan Adcox said...

Waiting anxiously for the post that will tell us that everything went well!

Marti said...

Me too Susan. K, hope you are doing well. Mom is having knee surgery Wednesday and I'll be out for awhile helping her, just wanted to let you know I've been thinking of you.