Monday, May 17, 2010

Blown away!

Saturday I had a bit of a quandary. It was Lady Bug's first swim meet. It was Son's vocal recital. I have bailed on Son before, so I chose his recital.

Of course the weather was terrible, but since DIL and Wiggle Worm weren't going, he picked me up. The place was a near-downtown Houston church. One of the really big churches that attended by the upper crust attends. I need to write a bit about the church. My great grandfathers were a big part in establishing the big Lutheran church in down town San Antonio. A new sanctuary was built in the 30's. This church I was in on Saturday was so muc like that church - it was like the San Antonio church had been re-built here in the 90's. It was beautiful!

Anyway, the singers at the recital were absolutely fabulous. Their teacher wrote brief bio's on each one. The youngest was in 6th grade. Her voice was remarkable. It was hard to believe she was that young until you looked at her. '

Son was the only male singing. He was nervous because he was going to accompany himself on one song with his guitar. I know I am slightly swayed, but he was fantastic. He sand a duo with the teacher. Wow! Then his two solos were wonderful. One was a rather contemporary. The other was an Italian classic.

I have attended so many of his country western shows. I know he is great there, but I saw a completely new side of him on Saturday. I am so proud of him to say the least.

Peace be with you.

3 comments:

Susan Adcox said...

I hate making those kinds of choices, but it has happened to me before. The worst was when I had to choose between taking my father to his annual Air Force reunion and attending my granddaughter's first birthday celebration. I chose my dad, because I felt he didn't have too many more of those reunions in his future. As it turned out, we've been to five more reunions! Thankfully, none have conflicted with my granddaughter's birthday.

Grandma K said...

Silly me!! I forgot to add that last year I had the same conflict - I chose LB's swim meet. So I evened things out.

Blame it on the medications!

Marti said...

How cool! I've always wished someone in our family was musical. Did anyone tape it?

btw, I replied to your question about chiggars but don't know if it went to your email.