Thursday, April 15, 2010

Whose idea of a joke is this?

Last night I set about making dinner - late because G was working late. All was going pretty well. It was to be a simple meal. It was some pre-seasoned pork ribs. Then I began my search for a side.

That's where the problem was. I decided we would have some of the little frozen corn on the cobs. That would go well.

The first problem was getting into the package. I think there was iron in that plastic packaging. I poked and prodded with everything I could think of. Finally I took a knife to that stupid package.

I finally extracted the little coblets, and then I tried to determine how long to nuke them. The printing telling what the product was was huge. The printing talking about the quality of the product was a good medium. When it came to cooking times, that printing was microscopic. I could not see that at all.

I moved to the window for better light - no good. It was still just a blur. I moved under the vent-a-hood light. Nope.

Finally, I just made an educated guess. I shoved the little cobs into the microwave and punched in 5 minutes. I hoped for the best. Sure enough, things were fine, but I am still wondering who thought it would be funny to make the heating instructions the smallest print on the package. I would like to have a word or two with that joker!

Peace be with you.

1 comment:

Susan Adcox said...

Directions on almost everything are way too small. Even the manufacturers of items especially for old people, like arthritis medicine and liniment,don't seem to realize that their target market requires BIGGER PRINT!