Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Weekend

This Easter was much more quiet than others. All the grands were somewhere else. My niece was at the SSB with her family, and the joke is that if E is there, hold on, the weather will turn ugly! That has happened before, but this time it was beautiful.

I had long lamented that we didn't have any bluebonnets on our place. Well, Saturday, G came in and told me to come with him. We went to the far back northwest corner. There were fields and fields of bluebonnets. They covered the hill sides. I have pictures to post, but I don't have time today.

Then when we were leaving to go to the BIL's house, we say a hill side covered at the southeast corner. So we do have bluebonnets. The wild flowers are just beautiful this year in the hill country of Texas. The weather, while difficult to deal with, was great for the spring flowers. The cold, wet winter has brought a beautiful spring.

I am finding the medication I am taking from this pain place makes me really goofy. I feel like I have had five or six strong drinks - all the time. When I am not dozing, I am giddy and off balance! So if these blogs sound weird, well they probably are. Bear with me!

Peace be with you.

3 comments:

angela said...

Those bluebonnets are lovely! Are they called lupines elsewhere? Can't remember.

I don't do well on pain meds either, though I found you coherent. Even aspirin affects me, so I have to give myself child doses. And deal with some of it.

Grandma K said...

Yes, Angela, they are lupines elsewhere. We are just so proud of them that we want to claim them to be our own!! That's the problem with us Texans, I guess.

Judy said...

Winter snow and rain will do that to perennials--make them more abundant. Now...aren't you glad you had such a winter? LOL