Friday, April 23, 2010

I feel so stupid!

This morning, I was "straightening" up the utility room. When I opened the lid of the washer, there were the towels I had forgotten a couple of days ago. Well, that's only part of the stupid part.

I put in new detergent and some borax for good measure - in case they stunk. That happens down here in Swampland. When things are left in the washer too long, they mildew. I guess it isn't hot enough yet because I think they were really ok.

The main reason I wanted them right away is because I made a chenille square for the sewing club project - that I won't get to complete because it is in June. I will be out of action because of the new knee. But that is off the subject. I'm being like my mother in law.

I pulled the knob on my old Maytag, and nothing. Absolutely nothing. I told G the washer was broken. He asked if there was power to it. We had a power outage yesterday, and the generator kicked on. It works like it is supposed to.

I went to get a lamp to test the plug. It lit. So there was power. I didn't pull the knob again. It was broken before, right?

So I waited until a decent hour and called the repair man. He got here within the hour. He walked into the utility room, and I will swear he did nothing but pull the knob. The $*&^* washer started. I felt so dumb.

He said that on those older washers, sometimes if the buttons aren't exact, this happens. He told me some other things including he has some kind of switch in his truck in case that was what was wrong. But it started. Without anything.

But you know - there was a service charge. I paid out $40 for him to come out. Oh my. Stupid, stupid!!

Have a great weekend. I will be working on things for the craft show in July, and we will be celebrating G's birthday. So I will also clean house.

Peace be with you.


3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Could have been worse! The washer could have been unplugged! Not that that ever happened to me, nope not me! Have a great weekend!

Judy said...

I once called an electrician because a plug by my kitchen counter wouldn't work. The re-set button had popped out. EGAD!

Susan Adcox said...

I have this difficulty with automobiles. My car makes a funny sound until I take it to the mechanic!