Thursday, April 22, 2010

Am I strange?

I don't want my family to really know about my blog. It is true I began it for the grandchildren. When the first one was born (Lady Bug), I wanted to write a memory book for them. I did so well with hers. I wrote daily. Well for a long time anyway.

Then came Monkey Boy. I really didn't want to go back to copy all the memories into his book. That was many, many pages. I wrote several pages however. But clearly not as much.

Then came Doodle Bug. I think there is maybe two pages. That is a terrible shame.

Wiggle Worm doesn't even have a book! Shameful. I hate to begin one for him now because when I began Lady Bug's, I wrote a lot. I don't write anymore. My cursive is terrible, and the printing - don't ask. I am on the computer now - a lot.

I know I could go about adding things to the books - especially after Lady Bugs, and buy one for ole' WW! But I really have lost the desire to do it.

One of the reasons I really don't want them reading this is because this is where I can vent about them. I can be judgmental, and they don't know. I usually just smile and nod when something controversial comes up. I pick and choose my battles. I don't want to give them my ideas too often, unless I am specifically asked. I want to be a good mother, mother in law, and grandmother.

The reason I bring this up is I am keeping quiet (to them) about Daughters in-laws. It is known they could fall off the face of the earth and I wouldn't shed a single tear, It goes for all 6 of them and their families.

There is strife again. The mom is hospitalized again - because she hasn't taken care of herself again. Congestive heart failure, diabetes, and who knows what else. Dad wants to live off the family - especially my SIL, who is eldest. Next brother is a loser. Enough said. Daughter has an illegitimate child and has moved back in with mom and dad - so they can make it, and she can't make it on her own, and them comes the baby - who is over 30.

He uses the parents as much as he can, and they let him because they love their grand babies and want more. I think that is so THEY can look after them when and if they make it to their 70's. Baby son has five (count 'em) children. Two his and first wife, one this wife and unknown, and two theirs - they finally had a girl. They expect Mom and Pops to baby sit - when they are working and when they are playing. Oh, and all with "promise of pay."

Months ago, the doctors told Mom she couldn't do this anymore. But like it all, she doesn't do what she is told - hence the hospitalization now. They just can't tell their baby this. Why, you ask. Because he throws a huge fit, becomes verbally, and sometimes physically (to SIL) abusive. Mom and Pops are afraid of him, mostly because he threatens to keep the children away from them (this is bad??).

Anyway, this pulls Daughter into it, and then she pulls me into it. I want to tell her to just cut off relations with them. It is something SIL has threatened. He is seeing that Pops wasn't such a wonderful dad. He abused them. But... they are still his parents. And I think he secretly sends them money - something that caused Daughter to almost leave him for doing it behind her back. I don't think she wants to know now, so she doesn't ask.

Whew. Got it off my chest. Thanks a lot. I appreciate you reading - if you got this far.

Peace be with you (I wish it were with me).

1 comment:

Marti said...

I understand completely. If I didn't sit here and type on my blog with Hubby sitting behind me, I wouldn't have told him. I have not, and will not, tell my mother or mother-in-law. Like you, it's where I vent about them, and (I should be embarrassed to admit) laugh at them - or the stuff they do.

So vent away, I'll never tell.