Friday, March 12, 2010

Too smart for my own good.

I made the appointment for the PT session for this morning. I need to see Dr Poison for a follow-up appointment next week. That means more blood work.

Now those things don't seem to have a common thread, but wait they do. Both are in suburb medical centers. The Pain office (where I take PT) is close to a lab for blood work. I thought I was being really smart by deciding to make an appointment for blood work at 8:40 since it had to be fasting. The PT was 9:30. They are about three long blocks apart which is closer than going to the other place that is close to Dr Poison.

I was so happy with myself. Kill two birds with one stone, that is until I figured out this was fasting. I was going to be in PT a while with no breakfast. A few years ago, that wouldn't have been a problem. I wasn't a breakfast eater. I probably could have managed today, but I wasn't sure. So I began thinking about fast food places.

Believe it or not, there are not an overabundance of them in the area. It's like that at the other place too. Anyway, I found one. I was there until 11, so I found another for lunch.

Sad.

Peace be with you.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I don't eat breakfast at all ever--so it wouldn't have bothered me and I would have thought very highly of myself to coordinate both things. You did a good job. HOpe PT isn't too painful on your knee.