Thursday, March 25, 2010

To be seen

The first visit to the pain management people was like a whirl wind - especially at the end when it was time to set new appointments.

The first thing was to set the appointment for the injection. It will be in the Woodlands which is about 40 miles from here. They wanted to set me for a 7am appointment. G went rather ballistic. It could have been worse, but he didn't want 7. Since I have to be NPO (nothing per oral) before I go, I was fine with that. He was pushing for 10 or later, and I was still wanting the 7. We finally settled on 8am.

After that we were setting the time for my next appointment. I didn't have my daytimer with me at the desk. If I had, I would have seen that it was conflicted with our return from the SSB. I went on our usual schedule of returning on Monday. Probably G would have been fine with coming back on Monday, but I wasn't going to push it. As it was. I didn't want to come back at all!

So what's the big deal, you ask. Well the happy pills they gave me run out today. I doubt they will allow a refill without me coming back. In fact as I was writing that sentence, Dr Injection's nurse called to confirm the appointment on Monday. I told her I would be out of pills today. I asked if they would renew - and, you guessed it, the answer was no. They will do it on Monday. I'm not supposed to have them, but I have a full prescription from Dr Ortho.

I don't know why I am concerned about the pills. They don't seem to help, but when I forgot to take them Saturday, I knew I forgot them, but then, I was sedentary all morning working on different projects.

So - now we wait for the big day. I am really scared of having someone mess with my spine, but I've got too much pain as it is.

Peace be with you.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Needles in the spine--just writing that scares me, but you are much braver then me and if it helps--go for it!!

I did have a needle in my spine once--called a Saddle Block--and it did help with the pain of child birth delivery.

Grandma K said...

The only needle in the spine I had was before the knee replacement, but I have reached the point where this has to be done. I am hoping it will fix two pinched nerves - though I really don't see how. I think it will end up like the knee joint fluid replacement shots. We know how that ended.