Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Success - so far

Today was the real test for the injections and PT. I went to Wally World. That is a huge walking experience. I made it all the way through what I needed. That is an accomplishment because the fools had changed the layout of the store!

And then ... I went to the grocery store. I had to traverse the isles instead of just walking around the outside for just fresh stuff. I made it through the entire store without pain. Usually I am hurting so bad by the time I'm 2/3 through, I can't even remember things that are on the list. Well, today I made it!

When I got to checkout I was really worried. I was fifth in line, of course the stupid woman in front of me had three items. She wasn't going to walk down to the express line. Bah!! Then she didn't have her card, so she had to have instructions on entering her phone number. I don't believe the three items she bought are covered by the card!

Anyway, I got through standing there. Then I had to load the cart onto the belt. I wonder whatever happened to the old belts where the checker unloaded the cart?? But that's off the subject. I got that done, and then realized she had no sacker. I got into action there. I sure glad I don't have to make a living doing that. Customers would be complaining in droves! The great news is I made it through all of it. I could load it all in the truck without pain, and then I could get in (pretty well) with the bad right knee.

All the hassels were worth it I think. To be without pain is so wonderful. My life had gotten so sad. I never went anywhere. I used to like to walk in the neighborhood. That was not happening. Making it to the mail box on many days was more than I could do. Making it back to the house was a miracle.

Hope your day is/was as great as mine!

Peace be with you.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Reading this post give me all the more reason to have hip surgery. I would love to live without pain. The pain interfers with EVERYTHING and, like you said, makes me moody and sad. Fred tells me I never smile anymore. I need that surgery!!! (Becoming less afraid the more pain I am in.)

Jenn Jilks said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Murr Brewster said...

LOvely. Congratulations. PAIN FREE by Pete Egoscue was immensely helpful to me--too good to be true, but true nonetheless. I recommend the book.

angela said...

Wow, it's been years since my back surgery and I still think twice before trying out any warehouse-sized store. That cement will tell on you. It's funny that I go to the smaller stores and only make one or two trips a year to wally world and I haven't missed it. But I do enjoy walking on dirt. Glad to hear you had a great day! :-)