Friday, March 26, 2010

PT - only not

I had an appointment for PT on Friday. We had planned I would go as usual, and then we would go to the SSB as soon as I got home. Well, Thursday night, we got a call from G's brother. Their mother was in the hospital again with another heart attack. It was thought it was minor, but she was in the hospital never-the-less.

At first I was going to go to PT as normal. Since we go through Austin on the way to the ranch, G was going to stop. With this (blasted) daylight saving time, we could do everything and get to the ranch before dark as well as make the Community Club meeting. I thought it over and over, and I decided I would cancel my PT.

So after calling when we got back to set another appointment for today, strange things happened today. My phone rang twice this morning at 9. I have caller ID, so I knew it was their office. I thought they may have dialed the wrong number and realized it, hanging up before I answered.

I got to the office for PT. After sitting for several minutes, they opened the magic partition. You know the kind - glass partition that only disguises whoever is speaking! Anyway, they said that they had tried to reach me three times, and never got me. They said it went to a message that said to not leave a message.

That answering service is from At&t. It is call notes. I don't like it. I prefer my regular answering machine. The reason for that preference is very simple - it has a toll saver feature. That is great when we are away of even if the power is off (and by all saints it better never be!). When I am away, I call home. If the phone rings three times, I have no messages. If it picks up on two, I can get the message. That was especially important when Dad and Vivian were alive. I never knew when something would go south or Daddy would escape from the Alsheimers Unit. With call notes, I had to let that service answer to find out there were no messages. Not my preference. I also discovered when we became close friends with Ike that I could determine when and if the power was on again.

I can fully believe the girls. I told them the phone did ring twice and showed their office. I think they really thought they were lying. I didn't - phone service can do strange things. I put it right up with several things that can give warped outcomes. When I got home, I saw they had tried again at 11:14. My caller id only shows the most recent calls from a specific number.

So I have had a week with no PT. How I have formally four days without pain meds. I'm not too unhappy about the four days. I have a stash of pain pills. My surgeon refilled my perscription the day before the initial meeting with the pain management people. Also perhaps I won't now fall asleep if I sit still for five minutes. Perhaps I can wake in the mornings. The pills I won't have are the Lyrica and the Elavil. We'll see what happens without those two. While it is true they allowed me to sleep the entire night - I wanted to sleep all morning (at least), too.

So my busy schedule now has me going to the NOrthern Woods for the shot(s) in my lumbar region on Monday. Then I go back to the office on Tuesday for PT and regular (cancelled from the 23rd) doctor appointment. My, my!

Oh, and by the way if I forgot to tell you, the Doppler of my lower left leg showed no clots. Thought so, but wanted to be sure. Have a great weekend. I probably won't be back until Tuesday afternoon - if I survive that busy, busy day!

Peace be with you.

No comments: