Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Life

Son's friend's mother died yesterday. I don't know the specifics, but I know the respirator was turned off and death happened at some point. I just hope the passing was peaceful. She has been through so much the last few months.

On another note, I witnessed the passing of a friendship yesterday. I reached out to a friend, and the response was cold. That was the absolute ending this time. Sad.

I still had absolutely nothing in place that would be termed Christmas decorations. Last year, I bought some LED solar light strings on closeout. The weather here has not been conducive to solar anything, so they just sat in the living room. I decided I would throw them onto the bushes outside yesterday afternoon. Two sets did nothing. Two sets lit - for a while. I know they require six hours of light. It is still overcast today. I doubt they will get the light they require.

I did manage to get all sorts of medical appointments set yesterday. I was amazed that I could get the regular gyno set up. I have to wait one year between appointments. That anniversary is January 26 - the day before the great surgery. I was able to set that up! That's good. I wasn't looking forward to "that" appointment after having the knee done!

My appointment with the bariatric surgeon was moved to this afternoon. I'll let you know about that one.

Have a pleasant day.

Peace.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Sorry for the son's friends' mother passing--that has got to be difficult, especially at this time of year. People should be banned from dying at holiday time...or family birthdays. (My Dad's funeral was on my birthday)

Really sorry to hear of your "friends" coldness toward you--wonder what brought that on. Oh well-- onward and upward--don't need people like that in your life anyway.

flying eagle woman said...

passing of friendship is the WORST...yes please DO keep us posted on the bariatric appt! I am wondering in that direction!

BIG BIG HUGS
Shawna