Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Busy, busy

I think I am going to have to begin with the "day-timer" again. This is a busy, busy time.

I went to the bone doc today. I have an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow. Wow, that was fast. We will be discussing the dreaded knee replacement. The first doc nearly scared me away from it all. He told me how much it hurts, and many people refuse to have the second one done due to the pain. He said to schedule the second six months after the first, but look forward to a year of hellish pain. Yipee! Sounds just groovy!

When I returned home, there was a call from my OTHER surgeon. My insurance will cover the bariatric surgery. But I have to jump through some hoops to get it. It will be a few months. I have to be on a managed weight loss program. That means them prescribing a diet and watching. Then I will be a candidate. So I see him next Thursday.

In the mean time, I have to have a physical to make sure I am fit for the knee replacement surgery. It's not a little snip-snip like I understand the gastric sleeve is. I am due to see the heart doc soon anyway. So I'll just see about moving that appointment up.

All this and the holidays too. Am I crazy? Well, yes, but that's another story. Am I scared? You bet ya'. But something has to be done. I can't go on this way. I can't walk. I told the nurse at the bariatric doc's office what was going on. Looks like I will have the knee done first. Well, that can't be helped. That is unless the knee surgeon sayd he wants the other first. \

We will see what is what!

Peace.


2 comments:

Marti said...

Oh my, I think that year would scare me off too. But when you can't walk, you don't have a lot of choices. Hubby's uncle is having knee replacement done today.

Judy said...

I think I will continue to limp along. Never having surgery in my whole life--going to sleep scares the hell out of me. What if, like my girlfriend, I don't wake up. She went in for "minor" surgery and died on the table.

I think I will continue to limp along--oh, I already said that. See how scared I am?