Thursday, September 03, 2009

Comcast vs ATT

Right now I am sitting here using the air card. Yes, I am in my house, with a connection to Comcast. So why am I using a metered service? Simple, because the other unlimited service wasn't bringing in anything.

I still have a few days before my month trial is over with the air card. I found it works at the SSB. I also have to get out of the "dial-up" frame of mind. I am not charged by the minute, I am changed by the bits of information transferred.

When I saw my bill, I nearly fainted. Then I looked in detail. There was the activation fee, a prorated month, and the month fee. I really had used just a bit of the allowed bits. That makes me want to keep it. In reality, would like to keep both services. It is easy (when it works) to use the regular service. I don't have to worry about sizes of files, etc. It is nice to have a service that works when the computer works. But I have to worry. The last thing in the world we need is to spend this kind of money just to have internet access. So, I have to make up my mind - soon.

It's really leaning toward the card. It is consistent. I have it on the weekends when we are gone. Oh my, I really hate to give up that email address. I can't remember who all I have to notify it won't be there anymore. I am glad I have used some of the free email sources for other purposes, like our business. They don't have to be changed.

Oh, life is just so complicated. LOL

Peace

1 comment:

Susan Adcox said...

Life is a lot more complicated than it used to be! I considered getting an air card for my trip to Glacier National Park, but we were camping, and my husband didn't want to have to pack the computer on the plane with all of our camping equipment. It's a good thing that I didn't take the computer because there was zero cell phone service in the park, which means that the air card wouldn't have worked either. So I just wrote my blogs ahead of time and set them to publish while I was gone. But life was simpler when we didn't have so many options!