Monday, September 14, 2009

Been thinking

For several days I have been thinking about being a survivor. Time goes by so quickly, and I tend to forget how long ago I was diagnosed. It has been two years and eight months. When I realized that I am halfway in the five year survival time, it kind of amazed me. I was so moved that I really thought I would celebrate the three years in January.

Thursday I get to see Dr Poison (my oncologist). I will go tomorrow or Wednesday morning to have the blood test done. This is always a time of a little apprehension. I always worry about what the cancer markers will show. I keep praying that number remains low. Otherwise, it's back.

Then I got to thinking about the Femara that I take daily to help keep it away. I wonder what will happen in three years when I quit taking it. Or will I quit taking it. That is a question I need to ask Dr Poison.

All this is a little overwhelming to me today! I guess I get this way right before my oncology appointments. As I have said before, when I was going in weekly (and daily for radiation), I looked forward to appointments being spaced out more. Now that they are, the time between appointments seems to be so long. I would almost like to have the Ca25,27 done monthly! But it will be done this week anyway.

Peace.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Those blood tests to count the numbers are scary...no two ways about it. Hey--you are a survivor anyway..oh yes, I know..the docs want to wait five years for that proclamation, but you are a survivor, to my way of thinking, when the chemo and radiation is over and the blood tests come back clear.

angela said...

My daughter has a children's book called "little one step." Your walk reminds me of that--when it seems forever away, remember how big forever is and take one day, one step at a time. It's really what all of us should do. You just realize it more.

Blessings.

flying eagle woman said...

i'm sending e-hugs to you RIGHT NOW