Thursday, July 02, 2009

Mr Shadow

He survived his first night at home. He is determined to gnaw at those stitches, so last night I decided that he would have to wear the e-collar all night. Since he had to wear that collar, I then decided that being in the hall bathroom wasn't enough, so I put him in his little crate.

I hate having this collar on him. It is so big that it makes eating and drinking impossible. He also has no balance with it on. The balance issue was the determining factor in the crate. I have dreams of training him to this crate, but I am also a realist. He hates it! I don't think he will ever like the crate.

He is a little wild man - still. He attacks everything. He will rest peacefully in my arms for a long time, then he turns into the devil himself to chew my hand
s. Right now he has found his best place in the world. He is sandwiched between me and the laptop - on the table (ugh). So, I will get the disinfectant out in a bit to clean his little 15 square inches of table top.

It is going to be a long ten days. I just hope we both emerge unscathed at the end of the time!

This is a picture of him with the dreaded collar. I too
k it for G to show a co-worker. He is so black that I had to severely edit it. Otherwise, he would not be visible.



Peace.


1 comment:

Judy said...

He is an adorable little fellow--or "it". I wish I had a kitty.