Monday, June 01, 2009

Once again

Today, my focus is once again on Simone. She had been doing so very well. She obviously felt great.l She often acted like a puppy again - at least that's what I'm going to assume since we didn't have her when she was a puppy.

We had "Family Dinner" here last night. Son, Daughter in law, and Wiggle Worm got here right on time. Daughter called and said they would be a little late. That figures - they only live a mile away. Anyway, DIL sked how Simone was doing. I said great. Before too long, Simone began coughing.

I had made Margarita Shrimp and Wino venison on skewers. It is so much easier for me to do that sitting at the breakfast table because I just can't stand all that long. I MAY dropped some cilantro, but it was very little. Plus - we vacuumed after the major part of making the marinade and the stringing. But - regardless, she started coughing.

About the time the others arrived - Simone spewed. Fortunately she had not been fed. But it was bad enough. Nothing puts a damper on a gathering like a spewing boxer.

We have acres of tile down here. It is easier to keep than carpet - especially with the pool. When we replaced the carpet, I gave the edict that (1) you would dry off completely before entering the house - which the biggest kid around here (G) wouldn't do, and (2) there would be no eating in the den. Ha! So when I could, the carpet went and tile came in. I do have an area rug to mark the seating area. It is about 5x7. Where do you think the dog spews?? Of course, the area rug or a few steps further - in the hall.

This morning I was hell bent on giving her her anti-acid pills. She didn't want them. As soon as I got them down, she started her "licking the air" again. This was reminiscent of the last round we had. I just knew she would start the whole thing over again. But things settled down, and she got about 1/3 of her breakfast.

In pet news - we are going to adopt a kitten. Son found three that had been dumped in the area where he was working. He is a kitty-nut. He called Animal Control, and they got two. This one disappeared until the next day. He couldn't just leave her. His plan was to take her to a no kill shelter. They were completely full of kittens. So she came home.

When I was keeping his cats, because one was so bad about liking to watch objects commit suicide, and I was tired of my things getting broken,I bought a kitty play house. His cats went in there at night. Well, kitty is in that right now. They are taking her to be vetted today. If all goes well, she will be spayed and come to us. We only thought we were cat free.

But it's ok. I have been missing a kitty. I'm looking forward to her becoming a member of our family.

That should give Simone something else to get sick over!

Peace.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I want a kitty so bad!!! But don't know what Tootz the dawg would do and...in this smallish manufactured house, I can't figure out where to put a litter box. Someday........