Friday, June 12, 2009

Busy day

It is going to be a busier day than normal. I get to have Lady Bug for the day.

Her dad is out of town. They decided rather than put Monkey Boy in day care for the summer, they would hire a baby sitter. Well, yesterday the baby sitter reached her limit. The two argued all day long.

So it was decided that rather than drive the sitter bug nutty, I would take Lady Bug. It really isn't a problem, but I don't want her to feel she is getting punished. She is getting the blame for the bickering. So we will be doing some special things today. I will take her to her favorite restaurant for lunch.

I had planned to do some shopping as it was, so we will just add the lunch to the rest of the things I have to do.

I still want to get her into sewing. I hope there is time this afternoon after we get back. I bought a set of yo-yo makers. After all these years of thinking they were hokey (thinking back to the clown I made of them at camp), we made them in my sewing machine club meeting in May. They really are cute and can be used for many things. I think it would be a quick enough and cute enough craft for her to learn how to do some hand sewing.

So it's time for me to get in gear and get moving. She is being good (as is normal), but I don't want her really bored.

Peace.

4 comments:

Judy said...

You are a wonderful gramma!! Enjoy your day.

angela said...

Oh, my nanny taught me how to do yo-yo's and I thought they were really fun, for hand sewing. How old is your granddaughter?

JUST A MOM said...

How funny,, in one of our ladies rooms (who turned 100 yesterday) she has a yo-yo clown she made years ago. I thought wow I realy need to make a couple of those....

Nice to meet you I came from Judy's blog. I will red up on yours to get to know you better.

Jaye,stop by some time.

Grandma K said...

Angela, she will be nine in January. She is anxious for me to teach her to sew.

Just an update - she did pretty well. I was concerned with her handling the needle and scissors to cut the circles, but she did pretty well. I think we are in for another round - soon.