Thursday, June 25, 2009

And the heat goes on

I cannot believe the heat here. Another day above 100, and we have had no rain since the beginning of the month. This is supposed to be the rainy season. Guess not this year.

We have been under a heat advisory and it was supposed to last until 7 pm tonight.

But! Things have changed. It just rained. I can't believe it. It wasn't a lot - I haven't checked the rain gauge yet. But it broke the heat. The temperature dropped at least 15 degrees.

Lady Bug and I were upstairs. She wanted to learn how to sew. We were busy. She getting used to the machine and finally practicing seams. I was working on her brother's scrapbook. I thought I could hear thunder. I was thinking how impossible that was. That high is right over us and not moving at all. Thunder - impossible.

I had been telling her all day that I thought it was going to rain. My knees were hurting - a lot. They started yesterday. I really thought I was imagining things, but look at what happened.

So all in all it has been a good day. LB is ready to do more on the sewing machine. We got rain. The temperature moderated - a bit. Good things.

Peace.

No comments: