Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Positive outlook?

I really thought that for the most part I did have a positive outlook. I mean, after breast cancer, I just know am going to beat it. That's pretty positive thinking. But yesterday made me wonder about just how positively I do think.

We spent the weekend at the SSB. Daughter and Son in law were going to the Alamo City so she could go to her company'd section meeting. Lady Bug has already missed several days of school, so Daughter didn't want her to miss two more days so she could go with them. We were to pick Lady Bug up from the afternoon bus to stay with us.

The trip from the SSB is at least five hours minimun, regardless of which way you go. G wanted to stop by the lake house to try to board it up. I went in this time, and that is for another time. It was bad.

Back to the subject at hand. I spent the entire trip home worring about getting home to meet the bus. We decided we would leave the SSB by 9AM. That meant not vacuuming and dusting. It also meant washing dishes by hand. The dishwasher takes hours it seems - especially when we are in a hurry.

So the SSB is a mess. We piled into the troop carrier, and we were off. I kept expecting a serious accident or a break down that would mean that we wouldn't get home at all yesterday. I just knew something was going to happen.

We got to our house at 3PM. I had an hour and 20 minutes! Daughter gave her neighbor a heads up to look for Lady Bug in case we were late. That was really great. I got to know her better. We have a lot in common! She is a great lady. I really want to get to know her even better.

So we had Lady Bug all night. She slept with me. I didn't sleep. She is impossible to sleep with. She normally sleeps in a twin bed. Give her a king and she takes the entire thing too.

Oh well, I have the rest of the day to rest. I pick her up again today, and she will be here until about 9 this evening. I am so lucky. SHe is such a great kid!

Peace

1 comment:

Judy said...

I am going through some of the same worries about our upcoming trip to NC and the ocean. We will have a car accident or a break-down or the traffic around DC and Richmond will be so bad that it will make me a nervous wreck or Fred will get sick while we are gone or the dog will require a vet or we will have a bad thunderstorm while we are in the rental or a tornado and blow it into the sea, or...

I worry so much that if I don't quit, I am going to spoil the whole trip.