Saturday, May 23, 2009

Nappy time it is!

I have just returned from one of those "you're in town" command performances. Lady Bug was in her second swim team event. I was informed she would be crushed if Grandma didn't come to at least one event. I went and stayed for four. That little girl is actually incredible. This is her first year, and she is really good. She improved her time on three of the events, and actually participated in one where she didn't know the stroke. Not only was she not disqualified, she placed third.

I really should have gone to Son's vocal recital. But I think he will understand. At least I hope.

G and Son in law and friend went to the lake house to remove some of the furniture before we put it on the market. He called Daughter and said the way the vandals tore up the place made him want to cry. Yep, me too. I am really having to distance myself from that house. My parents put so much of themselves in it. It was just a shell, and they completed it.

I feel like a failure in keeping the "estate." First, the funeral home really wrecked Daddy's funeral, and now I have let the vandals ruin that house. I just feel like I can't really do anything right.

Hope your holiday is a good one.

Peace.

1 comment:

Judy said...

You are NOT to blame for any of those things--get that out of your mind right now. You cannot forsee incompetence nor vandalism--these things just happen and it is not your fault at all. Come on...let me see that smile.