Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Frustration!

OK, this proves it - I am not a positive person. In fact right now I am positive I am not a postive person!

This morning has been one of complete frustration. Everything I have tried to do has ended in hair pulling frustration!

The first thing I tried was to send Mother in Law flowers for Mother's Day. I have done it before, and there was not a problem. Today - different story. Our insurance company is huge. They do lots of things. One is having a special with one of the floral delivery companies. I logged on to their site to get to the flower part. I needed the user name and password. I. Didn't. Have. Them. I emailed G. It took him over an hour to send it to me. So I went about other tasks while on line that I will go into later. I even tried to set up my own used name and password. Nope - I was informed I already had one. There was no escape information for those of us who would have forgotten that information. Out of luck.

Finally he emailed me back, and I went back to the site. I happily filled out the form, having retrieved the address that he had to get from his brother last night - omitting to tell me where he had written it. Then I got to the reciepient's phone number. Did. Not. Have. It! At this point, I was remembering all the hateful things this woman has done to me and considering to just "forget" to do this task. I was not about to send another email, so I called to get that information. Finally that was done. A perfect ending to a frustrating morning - almost.

While waiting for the email, I went about my merry time reading emails (from 4 accounts) and the blogs I read in the morning. That went well. Until I got to the email where one of the embroidery magazines posted that their 50 free designs were available. OK!! My new addiction. Free embroidery designs.

My first attempt was with Firefox. I got dumped twice. Desire to throw the computer onto the floor with force! So I went to Explorer. I keep that as my primary because for some reason, Firefox will not allow me to edit our web site. The downloads there were going to take me years.

So I went back to Firefox. At least it worked fairly well this time. I now have 50 new designs - to add to the thousands I have already found. I really needed them, but they were free!! Free!! The magic word.

Then I decided to come here to post (read vent). I was happily informed that Firefox was already running so tough. You can't access it. It is hidden. This happens to me - a lot. So I went to the search function. I was directed to Explorer. I didn't want Explorer, but here I am.

So here it is - after 11AM. I planned to be out of the house now. I need to hit the ATM for money for tomorrow's sewing club meeting. I guess I will have to wait because it is time to pay the piper. (This was going to be today's topic). The nutritionist is calling today. She will want to know how many pounds I'm down. Gasp! Fortunately, with my varying weight, I can honestly tell her two pounds. Don't know where it went over night, but I can rest assured it will come home tomorrow - probably bringing a party of friends! Anyway . . .

Peace.

1 comment:

Judy said...

WOW--you have had a day and a half!

How can a person gain or lose 2-3 pounds overnight? I do it all the time and I don't know how or why it happens.