Friday, May 08, 2009

Forgot to tell you

My phone will never ring if I don't leave the house - at least that's the way I feel most of the time. I can sit here for days and with the exception of Daughter calling to check on me, there is not an incoming call.

That was the case on Wednesday. I sat here awaiting (dreading) the call from the dietitian. She was supposed to call at 1 PM. That came and went. I figured she wasn't going to call. So I left because I had to get to the ATM.

I was gone about 30 minutes because when I got to the drive through ATM, they had the driveway torn up. Now, why couldn't they do that on the weekend. Naturally this outing is one of the very few where I didn't put on long slacks, a good top and my trusty wig. I looked like something the cat tried to bury. This is important because I had to go across the street to the main building. There is a walk-up ATM there.

I pulled in the parking lot. I looked around, and breathed a sigh of relief. There was no one in the immediate area. I get out of the car, and out comes one of the tellers. I could have died. Then up drives another person. I was about to crawl into one of the cracks in the concrete! I got my money and left.

When I walked into the house, naturally the answering maching was beeping its little head off! Guess who it was - right! The dietitian.

The first part of her message was to call her. The last part was she would call me next week. I did return her call. I guess I have to wait until next week.

We are having our duct work and downstairs air conditioner replaced next week. It will take at least two days, possibly three. Our forecasted weather for said period - low 90's. Of course. Just want to chase away moderate weather here in swamp land - have your a/c break or be worked on. Works every time.

Hope your weekend is a good and restful one.

Peace.

No comments: