Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Amazing.

I never thought I would say that yesterday I sat on a $250 pillow - and it was on sale!!!

Son and his band got a gig at a very upscale furniture store in a very upscale part of Swampland. They handle the very popular Texan rustic furniture. You know, leather and old barn wood kind of stuff. The difference is that they have BIG price tags on said furniture. One leather sofa was $12,000.

The stuff is comfortable. These days I really eye the chairs I am going to sit in. If they allow the butt to go lower than the knees, they are "capture" chairs. They will have captured me. When we went to the movies on Sunday, we went to one of those new food, drink, and movie places. They have low chairs and higher chairs. I thought the low chair would be ok. Not so much!!

But the chairs in this store were wonderful. If: 1. I didn't have to completely redecorate my entire house because that is not my present style, and 2. The chairs weren't $2500 on sale, I would buy one in a heart beat. They were soft and cozy while being supportive. But I am not going to spend $100,000 on my den.

Son and band did a very nice job of entertaining. It was a fun outing. The store was providing some kind of bbq sandwiches, beer, wine, and margaritas. And I did find something that G assures me I could get and it not be stolen. They had a metal welcome sign that was about 2x3 feet. It would be so cute on the side of the house at the SSB. He has a good point. We lock the gap over the cattle guard. If they are going to steal that sign, they will be in the house as well. They would have to go to a lot of trouble to get to the house. They will certainly make it worthwhile. Not just a $113 piece of metal signage!

So I told daughter I wanted that sign for my birthday. I could go back to get it, but they are always wanting to know what we want for various present giving days. Thought I would give her an idea.

Peace.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I hope you get your sign! It would be very cool. Maybe all the kids can go in together and get it for you?