Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Cowardice

There are so many things I don't want to deal with. I like to hide from them, and pretent they simply don't exist. I think that's part of my terrible tendency to proscrastinate. I just don't want to deal with something. I feel overwhelmed by something. Or it's a new situation I don't want to handle.

That's kind of the way I feel about the property that has been vandalized. I tried to link to April 2, but I don't know how. Anyway, I got dear husband to email the realtor. I finally told him that I didn't want to face it.

She replied. The door is standing open. She looked inside, and things are all broken up. It apparently has been going on for some time.

She said her cousin lives next door now. My question is why the neighbors allow this to be happening. I don't expect them to be watch dogs, but I believe in watching out for my neighbors. Apparently they don't. There has to be some noise coming from activities there.

I really am not putting responsibility with them, but I would want this type of thing out of my neighborhood. I know one thing however. "Resort" property like this attracts unsavory people. All kinds of folks live around there. Some are retired military. Some are the basest trash you have ever seen.

Guess what lives mostly around that house. I live in a "trailer" at the SSB. I don't really think people who do are trash, but those that are located behind our house there. . . I'll leave it to your imagination. Of course, we live in an upper middle class neighborhood here in Swampland. These kids could do things like this if they had too much time on their hands. I just don't know anymore.

The fact that I don't want to face it still hasn't changed, but it looks like I will have to this weekend either on the way to the SSB or on the way home. My stomach is churning.

3 comments:

Judy said...

It is a worrisome thing, but to get past the stress of it all--you gotta just get rid of the house--just do it and then you can relax. My mother used to tell me to do the unpleasant tasks first, then I could play--perhaps that same theory applies here?

On the other hand--I am so glad I am not the one that has to deal with all the problems in my Dad's estate. He thought he had a good will drawn up--he didn't realize that a lot of what he thought wasn't true. It is a mess--he must be rolling in his grave about it right now.

So--I am a coward too--probably a bigger one than you are. Maybe if I ignore it, it will go away? Naw--ain't gonna happen. Just gotta do what has to be done--get it over with and then...onward and upwards.

Grandma K said...

One of the problems is the kids like the property. If we repaired it, they might spend some weekends there - which would help run people off. Since the house next door is occupied, if we put (shudder) burglar bars on it, it might keep it safe (if those people are conscious at all -they would hear that kind of noise!). We'll see

My dad thought he had his funeral all planned out. What a circus the funeral home made of it. I have planned my cremation. Hopefully THAT will go as planned. The rest the kids can fight over.

Judy said...

I guess if the house is on or near a lake I would keep it and fix it up for you and the kids and grandkids to enjoy in later years. If they like to spend time there, maybe they would like to help fix it up?

My funeral plans and everything needed (insurance papers, things I have set aside for the kids and grandkids )is all in one large plastic storage bin. I told my oldest daughter, "All you have to do it take that box and give it to the funeral director. He knows what to do." We shall see, but then...guess I won't care what happens will I? Funny thing--I had a dress that I wanted to be buried in--my one daughter hated it, so I threw it away and said, "There, now..you will have to go out and get me one." I wanted to have everything taken care of so they wouldn't have to do a thing, but present themselves at the visitation :-)