Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Venting - again

Before my first grandchild was born, I had read someplace that keeping a journal for that child was just the thing to do. So I marched out and purchased said journal. Along came Lady Bug, and I would write in that journal religiously. I related things from my past, family history, and the like. It was rapidly filling.

Then came Monkey Boy (and C's miscarriage). So I marched out and bought two new journals. That's when I came to the conclusion there was no way I could match LB's journal because I didn't want to copy all that stuff in her journal. Plus I was no longer newly retired searching for things to fill my days. I was also keeping Monkey who was by far a greater challenge than LB had been.

It was then I first discovered blogging. I read blogs religiously. I had (still have) an extensive list of blogs I read. The idea of keeping a journal for the grandchildren was still in my mind though. So after thinking long and hard, Musings was born. It was first designed to be an electronic journal for my grandchildren.

Somewhere along the line, that focus shifted a little. My best friend is still working. In fact her job is really more time consuming than teaching. She is often out of the country. So I found myself with no one to vent to. This place became that place.

Daughter will vent to me about her in-laws, job, and even husband, but I know that I cannot vent to her about some topics - her husband being one. She becomes, as should be, the protective lioness.

S is a good hearted fellow, and he is so very good to her. That is the important thing. But his parents damaged him terribly. His family is well documented here.. They are nothing but trash. Sad but true.

Because of that, he is still hung up on possessions. He had a need for earthly things. They bought their flat screen before us. Before that, they had to have the huge model of TV. I don't know how big that sucker was, but it was huge. We got our new tv last week. This weekend I mentioned that we were going to go ahead and have the Hi Def cable box put in. By golly, he called to get his provider out - today.

What's the problem? Well, he and K were going to a meeting about putting Monkey into a bridge program. He is old enough for kindergarten next year, but he is clearly not ready. He would be one of the youngest in the class. The maturity simply isn't there. Our wonderful school district, yeah, the one where I slaved for 20 years, will not hold them back in kindergarten. The standards for going on are so low that everyone goes on to first grade. They will retain in first, second, so on. That's when it does have more meaning to the child. So they are looking into that program at a local church.

S forgot about this important program in his zeal to have Hi Def. LB was stuck down with strep again yesterday. I got a call early this morning. They wanted me to watch her during the meeting. No problem. I love having her. Except they wanted me to come to their house because the technician was going to come.

Today is my only day that doesn't require me to leave the house. I want to stay here. They don't have their wireless hooked up, so I can't do my internet stuff. Whine.

Anyway, I still feel S put status ahead of his child. I am probably being too harsh. He needs to have a little more understanding I guess, but . . .

This is why the blog is not for the grandchildren as much anymore. Before I die, I guess I better get in here and purge!

Peace.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I have too many grandchildren to keep journals for all of them (8). I do however have picture albums I have kept up for each one--just pictures of them and me and the things we did together. I gave the three oldest theirs for Christmas and they loved looking through them and remembering.

Good luck on wednesday.

Grandma K said...

The first has several albums dedicated to her. The second has a few pictures in an album, and the third has a lot of pictures on CD's! Guess when I went to a digital camera!