Thursday, February 05, 2009

Scheduling conflicts

Most days, I sit here with nothing to do really. I do find a lot of things to keep myself busy, but there are no appointments per se.

But occasionally I get slammed with appointments. This is one of the two times a year that is chock full of doctor/dentist appointments. Now that I have joined the sewing club, that comes up the first Thursday of the month, and then we added to it all when we bought the new entertainment center last week.

All things met today. I was supposed to see the radiation oncologist, which is still a puzzle to me. I don't know why I see her. She looks, pokes and gives me another dose of her Middle Eastern folk medicines! I never could understand why she advised me to drink only regular temperature water - no ice, but that's a whole other story.

Today is also club meeting day. I really wanted to go, and perhaps I still can. They have morning, afternoon, and evening meetings. If I can I'll go to the 1:30 one.

But right now, here I sit waiting for delivery of the new stuff. I thought they would arrive early, but there are differing definitions of early. I am scheduled for morning, but there are still many hours in "morning."

G really hates the store where we purchased the stuff. I am very nervous about how this is all going to play out. When I was getting ready to move furniture, because the G*ek Squad is not supposed to move any furniture, I realized that I didn't know how big the stand was. So, I went on line to get the specs on that piece. It was then I decided I would read reviews of that stand. Fine time to do that - since it has been paid for! But that's me.

The biggest thing that was negative about the piece was that assembly was a bear. Well - that's what I paid them for. I just hope they check it out before they leave with it to make sure it is all there and in good conditions.

I think I will have them in my house for at least three hours. It appears that just the stand will take at least 1 hour. So the big question is just when they will arrive.

I think I will be canceling my club meeting today too!

Peace.

No comments: