Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Our weekend - again

The weekend was really rather quiet. I spent almost all day Saturday and a good part of Sunday opening zip files of downloaded embroidery designs. I couldn't believe how many I had!!

The part of Saturday I wasn't working on the computer I participated in something I had never done before. We made venison link sausage. I have made breakfast sausage myself, and this year we did it at the neighbors because he has a terrific grinder. It took just a few minutes to grind that meat where it takes me most of the day because our grinder will burn out if it gets too much pushed through it!!

We decided we would do some link this time. It really was fun, and very, very easy. The only thing is that it couldn't be smoked because E had already closed up the smoke house for the year. But that was ok. We had some for dinner Sunday night, and it was pretty good.

I am totally sleep deprived. Simone has always been an occasional snorer. But this weekend she was the champ. She out-snored G! I tried to sleep in another bedroom, but I am so funny about beds. I don't sleep in different beds very well - even if they are in my own house. I think she was so bad because it is so dry up there - especially for us swamp dwellers. One day the humidity in the closest big city (Capitol City) was 8%! But she is going to get to have her teeth cleaned soon. Ill have her checked out.


Before leaving on Friday, I checked the business email. I got a good chuckle out of it. A woman emailed asking for a close up of the diaper cake, and then asked what else I had for a little girl for last weekend. Our cakes are custom. I guess I need to make that really obvious. I told K about it, and her response was we should make some generic ones to have on hand. I guess that's a good point. I started that with some of the burp cloths - that's why I am five short instead of three for the recent order. Well, three or five, I still have to go out today to get more so it doesn't really matter.

I guess this is something that is in our society today. Even though items are advertised as being custom made and personalized, the expectation is still there that something of that quality still can be had on the spot. So, I will begin making the bands for the cakes in a generic design. Putting the cake together only takes a few minutes. Sounds like a plan.

Peace.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I have spent the last couple of days reading about your "life". I found your blog as I was searching for something written by a woman on, just life in general, as my blog is. I certainly have enjoyed reading all your blogs.

My mother also died rather young and my 92 year-old father passed last June. It can be sometimes sad being an "old orphan" can't it?