Friday, February 20, 2009

No energy

I know I didn't get much sleep last night, but I am really dragging today. I was going to go back to the hospital yesterday, but I just didn't have the get up and go to go! It got up and went! I'm not much better today.

I really don't think that hospital could have found a room further away from where I have to park if they had tried. Of course, my knees pick this time to decide to act as though the joints are simply bone against bone. Wait! That's exactly what they are!

When the door to the hospital whoosh open, there is a covey of wheel chairs just sitting there, all poised. Do you know how tempting it is to just plop down on one of those babies and wheel away. So I sit here, thankful that I HAVE to stay here for a while to wait for the electrician.

The pull to see that baby is strong. I've only had him in my arms for about 10 minutes. He is a cute little snuggler. It appears the trial may wind down today fairly early, so that means we will take off in the morning for the SSB. I've been so positive about going until now. I have so many things I need to do here. But I will also miss that little sweetie coming home.

It's funny how you don't percieve getting older. Your mind still tells you that you are a youngster. Now the body, that's a whole different thing. My body is telling me I'm ancient. I have seen three difference bone docs. One of them has a big center across the atrium from where I go to see the baby. Yesterday George told me to go in there and tell them I need a new knee! Nope - that's the last thing I need.

Perhaps I will get a burst of energy here in a bit and I will tackle the trek to the hospital.

Have a good weekend! I probably won't be around until Wednesday since we will be with dial up until then.

Peace.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I know how much it hurts to walk that far or going up stairs (17 steps) to, "Come see my room, Mimi." But getting a snuggle is worth the pain that tomorrow will bring.

Hope you had fun this weekend.