Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Too quiet

It is not unusual for Simone to "sleep in" some mornings, especially when it's chilly. But, the normal routine is that she gets up when we do, goes outside for her business, gets her Pril*sec, eats breakfast, and often as not, returns to her crate in our bedroom.

The other morning, we followed the normal routine. After breakfast she left the den rather than take the bed in here. I assumed she was in her crate and thought nothing more about it. I went about my normal routine.

When I was in the bedroom, I didn't look into her crate because she is usually huddled in the very back of it, again normal when it is chilly. Everything was normal.

We had noticed several evenings she would come out of the study. I didn't find that unusual either. I used to work at the desk in there with the desk top computer. She would come in with me and sleep on the floor.

I was getting ready to leave the house the other day. I had dressed and not given any thought to where Simone was. I assumed she was in that crate and never stooped to look. As I walked past the door to the study, something looked out of place. It was just out of the corner of my eye, and I stopped to look.

There, in the middle of the bed, was this dark lump. It was, of course, Simone. She didn't budge. I guess she thought I couldn't see her, but even when I told her to get down, she didn't move. I finally raised my voice to a point to where she moved!

I know when we leave the house, she will get on the sofa. I have looked in the window to see her on the couch, and G has caught her once. Usually she hears the key in the door and is down, looking like she has come from the back of the house because she is trying to get the to the hall. I neverr expected to find her on that bed however.

It was really funny. She had probably been doing that for some time. She found herself a new, warm, cozy place to sleep.

There may be no children in my house now, but when things get too quiet, I know that either Simone or the Roomba has gotten into some kind of trouble!

Peace.

No comments: