Sunday, September 07, 2008

D day or is it O day?

Yep, tomorrow is the day for stage two of the reconstruction operation. To say that I'm apprehensive is an understatement. I just wonder how sore I will be - especially since both sides will be involved. It will include about a 6 inch long incision on the right side, a new incision to take the expander out and put the implant in. The left side will include reduction with replacement of the nipple and "a little lipo." I have a feeling that little lipo is not going to feel very good.

I will have to stay overnight. That part doesn't really bother me that much. I would rather be home, but I have learned my lesson.

We are having the kids over tonight for family dinner. That means I must get up and start cooking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't read your blog sooner but I am wishing you a pleasant and speedy recovery. Atleast you won't be loopsided any more!

LeeAnn

Grandma K said...

Thanks for the good wishes. The surgery went so well. It was only about 2 hours instead of 4-5, and I didn't have to stay overnight. I was home by 1:30.

The pain is minimal, and hopefully the one drain (on the opposite side I thought) may leave me Friday.

All is good, and yes - I won't be lopsided anymore.