Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Strange occurances

When I put Doodle Bug down for her naps, part of the routine is to turn on the fan and the light classical cable music channel. She apparently sleeps well to that music. Normally I don't pay just a whole lot of attention to what piece happens to be playing unless it is really familiar to me or it just grabs me for some other reason.

For the last couple of days, I took notice of the music. Several times (one day it was the morning and afternoon naps) I looked at the screen because the music was very snappy. It was Vivaldi. That was really sort of amazing to me. I didn't think they played Vivaldi very often, but it has been a biggie for the last few days!

We are getting ready to head out to our "spread" this weekend. G commented that every year when we go this third weekend of Februray, the weather is really bad. It is always cold and there is precipitation - usually freezing. That is the forecast for this weekend too! Texas' weather may change in a few seconds, but it seems to be rather regular for this time of year.

I'm going to the radiation oncologist today. I've got a few concerns for her this time, chiefly how tight the skin seems. I also have some pain, but that may be because it seems I am getting some feeling back. THe chest feeling is returning, but the underarm feeling I think is gone forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to have my ovaries removed due to a cyst and the breast cancer in Sept 06. The feeling is just now returning. My breast surgery caused some lack of feeling and then some discomfort but that is all past now. I do have a permanent tan from the radiation. I doubt it that will be going away but since I'm not the bikini type anymore I could care less! Have fun on your trip.

LeeAnn