Thursday, February 14, 2008

I'm moving forward!

Yesterday afternoon I had my appointments with the radiation oncologist. The waiting room was packed! They had added to the staff. It was all very interesting.

When they took me back, there were no rooms so I had to wait in the women's dressing room waiting area. Boy, that brought back memories. There were two women who went in for treatment and had to return to that waiting area. They were talking, as happens when you get treatments with people for weeks. One was going to be finished today and the other had two weeks to go. But they had to see one of the doctors. That explained the lack of rooms!

I told the doctor about the pain and the tightness. She is really cute! She is Indian, and much of her treatment is Eastern medicine mixed with Western medicine. Her advice for a solution was to use an oil like coconut or olive warmed over some water. She said to gently massage that in for about 10 minutes then shower as normal. I hope it works because it certainly felt good!

The best thing she said was that I was to return in SIX months. What good news. I am getting closed to becoming a survivor!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the good news.

LeeAnn