Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tidbits

It has been a long time since I have been here! A little catching up is in order.

The trip to the SSB was a good one. Leaving on Thursday gave me time to bake the cookies for the community club dinner on Friday so they wouldn’t be little crumbs after the 5 ½ hour trip. I was able to cut all the vegetables for the hamburgers and hot dogs on Friday also.
G and out neighbor E went to Kerrville to pick up the new "toy" - a utility vehicle that I believe will become my magic chariot to traverse the property since walking is certainly not something I can easily do up there.

The dinner was well received on Friday night. The crowd was fairly large, and we did have enough food. I think that was partially due to the fact that the under 15 crowd was sparse.

For some reason I was very fatigued. Saturday I had promised I would go over to P and M’s to teach her to knit. Her broken ankle is keeping her pretty close to home since it is her right. That means she cannot drive for another 3 weeks at least. Of course, she has no car since her’s was totalled.

My fatigue has continued. I am supposed to go get my Neulasta shot today. I checked with the nurse about the time, and she said I could come whenever since it was only one shot. I am going to wait untl about 11am as opposed to 9am to rest a little more.

I am just getting over the skin rash from the chemo on the 9th. I guess I’ll start all over on Sunday if things hold to the way it was then. The muscle and joint pains started mildly 3 hours after chemo yesterday.

Hope all is well for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are sounding better....I'm glad that your side effects seem mild. The fatigue is going to be with you for quite a while so just give in and have a wonderful nap. Since you know how to knit that sounds like a great time to pick up those needles and make some good things.....afgans are great gifts and I remember my grandmother making a zillion of them (without even looking). Have a wonderful weekend.