Sunday, May 13, 2007

Ouch - part 2

I think I was gleefully expecting to breeze through these next chemo sessions without any problem. It seems that is not going to be the reality. The muscle/joint pains are easing somewhat, and, although I am still not comfortable, I am not reduced to tears. My lower back, hips, knees, and ankles are still hurting quite a lot.

Yesterday I was experiencing a sharp pain around the port. Today there is still some pain which I will certainly bring up to the oncologist on Tuesday. I don't think it is really serious - at least not serious enough to call the doctor on call. I am concerned though.

I reread the information about this drug. Now I know why they gave me benadril through the IV. This one can and has caused some severe allergic reactions. I have very sensitive skin. I am having break outs on my hands, and I think it is due to the chemo.

At least there are only three more. Of course, then I begin on the pills, and I have heard they have their own set of side effects. I get them for five years, but as leeann said, the reverse side of the coin is a different matter.

I'll get through this and stop whining soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feel free to whine or wine all you want! I think the situation calls for it. Happy Mother's Day