Saturday, May 26, 2007

Brag, brag

I was full of myself yesterday. I thought the additional steroid pills had done the trick and I was not going to be completely laid up again. Um - no. That wasn’t the way it was.

The pain did stay away for about 12 hours, but last night it hit - suddenly. All through the day I felt good. No muscle or joint aches. We even went out to dinner. All systems were go.

About 9:30pm I was sitting on the couch when it hit. First the knees, then the hips. I took a very hot bath, but it didn’t really help. I took the pain pills, but when your hips hurt, sleeping is difficult.

By 11am this morning, I was really in pain again. I took two of the little jewels and that knocked me out for a while.

To top off the morning, I decided yesterday that I would try Simone on her thyroid pills again. She is losing even more hair on her back, and the vet thought she had a thyroid deficiency. So she is getting rather bald on her back. What a pair of hairless wonders we are making!


I gave her the third pill this morning. It had the effect they have had before. It seems as soon as she has had three pills, she gets sick. She began her "licking." She was nauseated. I gave her an anti-nausea pill, but I was too late. She headed for the office, and you guessed it. I cleaned that up and treated her again.

So today what we had around here was a sleepy woman, a sleepy dog and a rainy day.

She is finally better and so am I. Two more treatments for me, who knows for Simone. Poor G. All he can do it sit on the sidelines, observe and wonder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am over with being sore and yet I have another 4 years and 8 months to go until I have those aches and joints pains naturally! Yeah I'm counting down the months and I am sick of being reminded that I am/was ill.