Thursday, March 22, 2007

It's been a while!

My life has been delightfully devoid of anything worth recording here. I feel like I have been in a state of suspended animation. That is sheer bliss these days.

Today is my usual appointment with the oncologist, where, I suppose, I will get the results of the echocardiogram I was given last Friday. The reason for the test was "poisoning by antineoplastic chemotheraphy." Sweet.

After the echo, we left to go to the SSB. G wanted to check on the barn before we paid the remaining payment on it. The builder did a good job. There had been heavy rains there since we were up last. The desert can become really beautiful after a rain. We are not really in the desert, but it is certainly a transition area. Anyway, the grass was so green!

I did nothing all weekend. It was bliss. Since the only effect of the chemo was to make me tired, that was a wonderful time. Lots of rest.

We did make a stop in San Antonio on the way home. My 86 year old MIL is going to have her other knee replaced next week. I really think dementia has grabbed her by her left ear lobe! I think she is going to have a lot of problems recovering from this surgery. She is very fragile.

Some bad news came early this morning on the news. I hope it isn’t as bad as it seems. Elizabeth Edwards has an announcement about her health. I certainly ammore sensitive to news about other breast cancer survivors. She has not been a survivor that long. She is certainly in my prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate any breast cancer news too. I think we are all sensitive to these stories and think the worst. I'm glad you are feeling ok and make sure that you eat well and take a few naps. This is one time it is all about you!

Anonymous said...

I thought about you and your blog when the news about Elizabeth broke yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Breast Cancer news
Common Breast Cancer Myths

The first myth pertaining to this disease is that it only affects women.

Second myth that is associated with this disease is that if one has found a lump during an examination, it is cancer.

Third is that it is solely hereditary

The next myth associated with breast cancer is downright ridiculous. Would you believe, that in this day and age, some individuals still think that breast cancer is contagious?

Conversely, some individuals foolishly believe that breast size determines whether or not one gets cancer.

Finally, another myth that is associated with this disease is that it only affects older people. This is not so. Although the chance of getting breast cancer increases with age, women as young as 18 have been diagnosed with the disease.

You can find a number of helpful informative articles on Breast Cancer news at breast-cancer1.com

Breast Cancer news