Friday, January 12, 2007

Close call

My biopsy almost was moved to yesterday. I reminded that I had not stopped the aspirin based meds until yesterday. The nurse asked the doctor, and he said he didn’t want to do it because the bruising would be too great. This gives me a little pause. I was thinking a needle biopsy done in the office wouldn’t be too great a deal. I am almost ready to ask for someone to go with me.

I am still praying with strength to deal with this without dissolving into tears. I was doing much better than I am now. It didn’t help to watch television last night with the father of a major character on one show finding he had cancer in multiple organs. They didn’t give him much of a chance, and there would be no chemo or radiation.

I shouldn’t be watching programs like that. I really need to make sure that I keep my spirits up. I especially need to be positive around the family. As the surgeon said, tears won’t do any good at all. I need to just gird my loins and fight this thing.

It is just so difficult right now. There is no definitive diagnosis on anything. I don’t know if it is really cancer. I don’t know what kind. I don’t know if it has spread. I don’t know if I will be getting chemo or radiation or both. I just feel like I cannot plan my life past the pathology report.

I got the form to reserve a booth at the festivities in Tiny Town in July. I don’t know what kind of condition I will be in then. I’m thinking I’ll send in the form so I could get a good spot this time. I have until June to cancel and get my money back.

With the weather about to change terribly, keep warm!

No comments: