Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Tuesday mix

A mother’s work is never done. I have, once again, stepped on my daughter’s toes even though I tried to carefully bring up a subject. She is looking at having her sister in law, C, watch Monkey Boy beginning in January.

I asked her if she knew why C was not going to be keeping the children she is keeping now, and K said no. I tried to tell her as much as I knew, and that was that C felt the little boys were not disciplined. K immediately jumped on me asking if I thought her children were undisciplined. I tried to explain that people sometimes have different ideas about discipline, and I just wanted them to be on the same page about what the expectations are. She will probably say something to C, and I will be the one who is out. Oh well, I guess I can be an equal opportunity bitch, or so they may think.

Thursday is set to be a busy one. I am finally getting the guy out to check the furnaces. I forgot to get them to check the air conditioners all season. Oh well! I just hope the technician that comes is not the guy who went to high school with B. They were really good friends, but S has changed. He has become a really needy guy who would just show up at their apartment, unannounced, at all hours of the day and night. If S is the one, he will ask for B’s phone number. If I were to give it to him, I would be on B’s list too!

In theory, the floors will be done at The SSB. Stacy, the installer, said he would be completed on Wednesday. We will know Friday afternoon. I wonder if they will have replaced the toilets with the right ones this time? The ones that are presently there, the ones that came with the "manufactured home," are similar to the one we had in the travel trailer. It seemed like it was 6 inches off the floor. My arthritic knees have a real problem with the ones that came with the house. We are trying to get a "handicapped" toilet - especially in the master cave, er, bathroom.

I wonder how I can get K started today. I guess I could say something about S (her husband)!

No comments: