Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I was warned

At our family dinner Sunday night, my daughter in law forecasted that Sasha would be quick to learn to hide when it comes time to go to Kitty Jail. Well, it took her two nights to decide to make herself scarce.

The first night she thought she was safe. She was upstairs in the "guest room" that has become the cat bedroom. She was on the far side of the bed, and I know she was thinking she was perfectly safe. In my search for her I began in the craft room, carefully closing doors as I went. I went through the connecting bath, where I was infuriated to find they had pulled the shower curtain down, into the cat bedroom. There she was. I grabbed her, and she promptly kept her hind claws in my shirt all the way down.

Last night she was investigating the new litter pan I put in the Kitty Jail. She went in all by herself - twice. That was about 8 P.M. G said it was really to early to put her in, so I left her out. When it came time for bed, she was no where to be seen. We closed up as much can be closed downstairs. Our house is really open and flowing and that is the reason for the Kitty Jail in the first place. I searched upstairs. No Sasha.

When Simone had to go out at 3:30 A.M., there Sasha was. Sleeping in G’s chair. After opening the door for Simone, I swooped Sasha up and deposited her in the Kitty Jail. I think I was able to preempt her boredom that leads to assisted suicides around here.

Oh and Simone - I think she has another UTI! Dr. H, here we come again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kitty Jail! That's a hoot. I think Pooter (our cat) needs to learn a little about kitty jail.