Friday, July 14, 2006

One circus after another

My life is often just one circus after another. Tuesday when I was out either for my blood work or Simone’s blood work, one of our finest constapimples (constable) dropped by my house again. This happened last year. Since I was my father’s guardian, I have to report to the court every year with an accounting of the estate. I turn everything over to my attorney, and she goes to court.

Last year, things didn’t get there early enough for the court’s liking, so they sent me a summons to appear in court. Have you ever been served a summons? I hadn’t. I was in here doing something when someone beat on my front door so hard that I thought the door was going cave in. Cats went flying everywhere. They thought the world was ending. It was a constapimple. He was serving papers. I was totally panicked. I had never had such a thing happen to me.
I immediately came in to call my attorney. She calmed me down, and explained that everything was fine. The papers were submitted, and I did not have to go to court. So when I found the card, I knew what was going on. This is such a waste. Those papers did not have to be sent out, and there is no reason for this man to "serve" me. In effect, I am turning the estate over to me. This is another case of the innocent paying for those who are criminals. I know there are guardians that take advantage of the estate. What’s funny is that they can do it legally. They can be paid for doing this job. What a scam.

So tomorrow Officer Swiss Steak will come to my house, pound on my door, and have me sign papers for a court appearance I don’t have to make. All of this so that I, as guardian, can turn the estate over to me, the executrix. At least I won’t have to deal with the good officer next year!

The in-laws are moved. She’s happy as a clam, and he is in a foul mood. There are several couples in the cottages, so he should be able to meet others. All of their previous friends have passed away. They need new friends. The future is hard to predict though. No one is sure he will stay.

No comments: