Saturday, July 15, 2006

In my last post I was a little too hard on the officer who came to leave me the (stupid, useless) summons to court. Last year, he seemed like a real bully. I think he was miffed that I didn’t see the card that he left in the mailbox (federal offence). I had gotten the mail while still in my car, and the card fell out of the stack. I found it several months later - yes I know, it is months between cleaning of my car, but business cards are small!

This year, I called and had to leave a message. I was gone to the attorney’s office when he called. He instructed me to leave a message as to the best time for him to return. I just love to play phone tag!

When he came yesterday, we had a very good conversation. He was cordial and humorous. I told him we wouldn’t meet like this next year however. We discussed the asinine rules of law requiring me to turn the estate over to me both wondering how many lawyers to took to get rulings like that in place.
I spoke with SIL about the move. She told me that it went fairly smoothly. FIL did not participate with it other than driving the car there. The counselor at the facility had everyone in the world come by to greet them. All the support staff came by and gave them their cards. When M and P left, FIL was at least reading some pamphlets about the facility. Several of the men who live in the same group of cottages had come by previously. But as to him staying, that is the unknown in this equation. I guess we will just have to see.

K went to see them today. I understand MIL has lots of things for her to do. MIL is like that. If family comes, she finds things for them to do. I was reading her autobiography yesterday. When she was scheduled for back surgery a couple of years back, her thoughts were to clean and straighten all closets, all drawers, paint rooms, etc. She is and has been struck with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. She annoys G to the point of distraction. In her autobiography almost every other sentence was "I washed and ironed clothes." That seems to be her perception of her role in life. G told me she even irons boxer underwear.

I am anxious to hear from K this evening. Not only is she dealing with her grandparents, she will be dealing with S’s family. This is the first time they have spent any time with them since S’s daughter decided to move back with her mother. She then proceeded to really "dump" on K. She told them K was overbearing, and that was the reason she went back to her mother. She said she never could talk to S because of K. In reality, she was always afraid to talk to S seeking K out. S’s family has been so devious about contacting M. She normally would never seek them out, but M is aware of the previous problems in that family and is all too ready to use them to cause more and more dissenting and turmoil. That is really too bad. The only way she can validate herself is to cause turmoil.

No comments: