Wednesday, April 12, 2006

All sorts of news - good and not so good

Bring on the bands! Lets celebrate. I am finally without my friendly little fungi in my ears! I went to see the doctor today, and I am free of any free loaders! What a relief! Yea, yea, yea.

On another note, K called me today when she was on the way to enroll Lady Bug in kindergarten. Oh my. I can’t believe that little girl will be getting on the "Big Bus" going to the "Big School." It is really neat that she will be going to the same school as her mother. In the day and age of families being so mobile, and usually not living in the same place for long, I am delighted Lady Bug and K will have gone to the same elementary. But there are several "kids" in town who have grown up and returned here to live in our little city even though we are surrounded by the big city of Houston.

During the call, K told me her step daughter wants to come to visit the weekend of April 28. I can’t believe she wants to come back so soon. It’s clear she doesn’t understand how deeply she has hurt K and S. She keeps saying very unkind things about K, but doesn’t have a clue that K knows. We believe she wants to see her ex boy friend. She spends hours instant messaging and text messaging some people here - especially the boy. I find it really strange that she wants to come back after the way she "walked out." I suppose there will be the rest of the story on that soon.

We are off tomorrow to see what kind of havoc will descend on us. It is supposed to be hot and dry, but I’m not sure. I do know that the old adage about Texas weather holds true: "If you don’t like the weather, wait ten minutes. It’ll change."

Happy Easter and/or Happy Passover to you. May these next few days be full of peace and harmony.

No comments: