Tuesday, February 21, 2006

This and That

I am still waiting for the refund of monies from the botched funeral. I knew it would take a couple of weeks. I guess we'll see what happens in the next few days.

With that in mind, I have been trying to attend to the affairs of bank accounts, insurance policies, having the will probated and getting the final estate accounting done with the court. I have to be very honest. I am so glad I don’t have that responsibility any longer. Keeping up with all the receipts was driving me crazy, but I guess I would become his guardian all over again. I’m still not convinced there wasn’t some "things" going on with the monies.

On a lighter note, we spent last weekend at our other place. I knew it would be cold on Friday night, but I expected sun on Saturday and certainly on Sunday. Was not to be! On Saturday, our thermometer never got above freezing! We were iced in. Sunday was a little better in that the temperature did rise above freezing, but the sun eluded us all weekend. Simone and I kept to the house as much as possible. I did manage to make 20 sets of jewelry for the Founder’s Day celebration in April. Now we just have to get the booth ready!


It appears we will do a couple of more fairs after the one in April. I think we will do one in June as well as July. I really would like to begin making some money with the jewelry.

No comments: