Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Times have changed!

Times have changed - and this time for the better. When my kids were growing up, day care was a necessary evil. I always had the perception that I was a bad mother because I wasn't home with my kids. I guess that is the main reason I kept teaching. I would be home when they were home.

Both of the grandchildren are now in day care. Of course there are day cares and then there are day cares. They are in an excellent day care. The quality of the "school" has everything to do with the director. This one has my daughter-in-law's mother, and she runs a tight ship.

Lady Bug just blossomed when she left my care and went into day care. She was about 22 months old. She mastered all kinds of skills. She can do so many things now. She is about ready to read, and she is not 5 yet. She had K call me last night so she could tell me she learned to tie her shoes. Day care has been a real boon for her.

No comments: