Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Irony, pure irony

Things have always been rocky between my mother in law and me. I really think part of the reason goes to her feelings about my husband, but that's another story. When I was trying to get my dad and V to go into assisted living, I also got a book for the in laws. She had been making noise about wanting to go into something like it for a couple of years. I gave them the book. She said they didn't need it - they weren't going to leave the house. Given our history, I was not at all surprised; I was just a little miffed.

After the reunion this past weekend, her daughter was talking with her. She again said she wanted to go into assisted living. In fact she had two places in mind. The daughter called the brother, P, who in turn called my husband. Now they are all about trying to get the parents into assisted living. Well, well!

The BIG hitch here is a small poodle who is, as they brag, 17 years old. The poor thing has had dialysis, and he recently had a stroke. My personal opinion is that is no longer a dog. Somehow the vet removed the dog body and put a robot in place and covered it with the fur. The poor thing has seizures when it wakes. Anyway, there is no place that will take them and the dog. I'm sure that my husband will have to make the trip back to Hometown with gas at $3 per gallon to waste his time! They aren't going anywhere.

No comments: